DIY Pearl Embellished Tights
What you’ll need:
1. A pair of tights. I chose to use thicker cotton tights because I can never seem to keep a pair of sheer tights run-free for very long.
2. Beads/Pearls. I found mine at one of the many bead stores here in the city, but they can also be found at most craft stores. They’re usually pretty inexpensive, I managed to pay under $10 all of them.
3. A needle, thread, and scissors for sewing the beads onto the tights.
First, put on the pair of tights that you want to decorate. It’s easier to sew the beads on while you are wearing the tights.
Then, start sewing on the beads in any pattern or fashion that you like. If you are anything like me you will accidentally stab yourself in the leg with the needle multiple times throughout this process. I started sewing from the top of my tights and worked my way down, placing the beads randomly.
Continue placing the beads until you are finished! :) Here is the final result:
DIY Glitter Shoes!
Just in time for the holidays, I decided to jazz up an old pair of shoes with some glitter. Inspired by these shimmery Miu Miu shoes that I have been lusting over for months:
What you’ll need:
- Glitter (any color you’d like!) I chose rainbow :)
- Mod Podge, available at most craft stores or on Ebay.
- Making tape, to cover the soles or any part of the shoe where you don’t want glitter
- A paint brush
- A pair of shoes
I chose my old white oxfords from American Apparel to make glittery:
- Cover any parts of the shoe that you don’t want glittery with masking tape.
- Mix glitter and Mod Podge together in a bowl, add enough glitter to the glue so that it is very glittery but not clumpy.
- Carefully paint the first coat of glitter/glue onto the shoe. It will look white at first, but no worries! It will dry clear :)
Now wait for that coat to dry. Once it has dried clear, apply another coat. For a faster process, sprinkle a little glitter on top in between coats.
When your shoes have reached your desired amount of glitter, let them dry completely.
Lastly, apply a final coat of just plain Mod Podge (without glitter) to seal them. Once they are all dry, you’ll have a beautiful new shimmery pair of shoes!
I think my next step will be adding ribbons for the laces.
Happy Holidays! I hope you guys enjoyed my first ever DIY post! :) If you decide to try this out, let me know, I’d love to see your own glittery creations ^.^